Landlord Insurance Quotes for your home

Here’s a tip for you if you are considering renting your home out to tenants. When you call the landlord insurance companies for a building and contents insurance quote for your home they will ask ” do you know what the rebuild costs are for you house?” this is not the same as the market value of your house.

You can find out your rebuilding costs based on your postcode and type of property at the RICS website here. This is a free service, however you will also need the square footage of your property, excluding your garden or outside area.

You can calculate it yourself or take it from your EPC (energy performance certificate) as I did.


Our quote was £183 per annum for £147,000 rebuild costs.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s